Friday, October 12, 2012

Driving Test: Passed!

I had my Traffic Police driving test 2 days ago on the 10th Oct. Don't think I was ever this nervous on the day before a test. I couldn't sleep, jittery nerves and quarrel with my wife.

Even though the test was 1pm at SSDC, I left the house at 6am. Rode the bike around and finally hit the gym at 8:30pm---hoping that working out would refresh and keep me alert for the test in the afternoon.

Warm-up session was at 1:00pm. The instructor was very helpful and detailed in explaining the procedure of the test. I owe my results to him in a big part for the numerous tips. Took a short break after warming up.

At 1:55pm, I entered the holding room---white empty room with 10-15 nervous as hell testees. I was the second called by the tester---Yeo Siang Sai---a stern looking and tall man in his late fifties. My left leg was trembling throughout the test and frankly, I performed horribly. Missed a few blind spots, delayed in moving off---after a few: "why you drive like that?" I lost all hope for passing my first attempt. Hell, I even missed a left turn.

After stopping the car in the middle of the road, the tester left the car without a word, I had to chase after him when I finished fumbling in the car.

He vaguely pointed to a table and left to compute the results. After 2 agonizing minutes, he came out, threw the results on the table in front of me and snapped: "Go to the fourth floor and watch the video!" That means I passed! You can only watch the driving safety video when you pass.

That's the version of my test. I'm pretty sure others have similar experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment