Thursday, February 21, 2013

Coming Out of the Closet

I'm a closet Leica lovin' photog. Said it, didn't cause my hair to fall off and turn middle-age. Browsing the evilbay for the cheapest Leica M I can afford and reading post after post of reviews on m-mount lenses isn't productive for my work. I think I wasted a few days just agonising over purchasing a suitable Leica for myself.

I think all these Leica browsing and wondering about what this mysterious world of rangefinders is a sign of my personal dissatisfaction with my work. I guess I was hoping a new M would solve the creative dryness of my life. Guess again, buddy! You just wasted days of potential image making days to browsing Leica gear. I have to stop this. I have to stop the addiction to GAS, reading forum posts, the INTERNETZ!

What I need to do: Clear my work at the computer ASAP and go shoot something with my Minolta XD-11, 35mm f2.8. Problem solved. Now, I just need the grit to put it through the motion.

No comments:

Post a Comment