Thursday, August 30, 2012

Work Hard, Play Later

I was taught to study hard, get a college education, work till retirement before enjoying myself. The more I think about it, the more flawed the logic becomes. There are stuff that you just can't do when you are down with weak bones, riddled with illnesses when you're old---that's especially when it comes to my genes. See, no one in my family lives pass 80---except my great grandmother. Plus the fact that I am a smoker greatly reduces my life on this world.

My father passed away at 60 of pancreatic cancer. Diabetes, heart diseases and cancer runs in the family. I don't expect myself to live pass 70. That leaves me with at most 37 years. On the short side, I might just have another 27 years.

That is why I want to do the things I enjoy, spend a little money traveling while I still can. That's one reason why I picked up playing the harmonica and guitar. Also, I wish to document life around me on the camera---streets, people, my family.

I try and live like today is the last I'll ever see. That's the way life should be lived.

No comments:

Post a Comment