Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Actual Day Wedding With Film

Bride having a private moment
In the previous post, I mentioned that I shot with a 135 and 120 film camera. The results from scanning on a Canon 8800f isn't great. I don't think it is as sharp as a DSLR. Maybe I am spoilt by the sharpness from a digital camera. I love the simplicity of a film camera though. ISO, Aperture and Shutter speed. That's all anyone needs to start making a photograph.

Bride's father helping the bride wear a necklace he bought for her

Bride and Groom, outdoor portrait
I am however amazed by the dynamic range from the film I was using---Kodak Tri-X. In the last image, I over-exposed by at least 2 stops but was able to recover the sky as you can see. The image was produced using a variety of tools in Photoshop. To do that in a traditional darkroom would have been time consuming.

At the end of it, we have a myriad of tools at our disposal. It is up to the operator to make the best of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment