Thursday, January 5, 2012

Just Need a Spot to Rest Me Damn Legs

I looked for a spot to do some reading on my phone after a heavy dinner. It read 9PM on my wrist watch. I got engrossed in reading some photography feeds, all the while looking down. From the top---where my peripheral vision ends, a pair of black leather shoes covered by navy blue pants entered the frame.

I looked up, there stood a police man and his partner, a police woman off to my far right.

"Can I check your ID, Sir?"

Sure, why not? I fish my wallet out and promptly produced my ID and passed it to him without much fuss.

He looked it over for a couple of seconds before radioing in to HQ to verify that I wasn't wanted. After a minute or so, there's no reply from HQ, his partner asked: "Who are you waiting for?"

I hesitated for a moment before replying: "Just reading."

They looked at me like I had something sticking out of my nose, nodded and looked away.

Not that I minded them checking my ID, maybe there's a double homicide or a repeat flasher at the spot I was sitting. Just little befuddled that they assumed I was waiting for someone, well, I might like being alone---reading.

Time to harass the dog and check on the development of my film.

No comments:

Post a Comment